I rest on the bed. It is resting my back which has been "standing" from 8:30 in the morning. It is tiring to be sat in a wheelchair, especially with someone talking to me. I need to look up and try to get the conversation going. I have to move and reach for objects around me. It is like running on the spot!
By 14::00 I welcome a stretch on my back, it feels so cool and calming.
On #worldMSday, I am ready to share my kit on this blog:
- Yellow 45 cm gym ball
- Green transfer board also commonly named banana board
- Red elastic band (I wear it around the knees but it has other uses!)
- Blue 55 cm gym ball
- Red stretch band
- Blue stretch band
- Yellow 1 kg set of bells
- Leg lifter
- Looped sliding sheet
- BedCaddie: ladder-like design with 3 hand-grips to make it easier to sit-up in bed.
- Second leg lifter (I can pretend cycling in the air!)
- Second looped sliding sheet
- Foam column 15 cm diameter long enough to put across the bed
- Bed handle that fits the side of the hospital bed
I have a good static air mattress. I cannot use a gym mat or gym floor. I can use a wheelchair but it is limiting the movements. I roll on my belly and raise my head backwards.