Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Another Week, another Trip to the Gym

Latissimus dorsi
Oh, I found my latissimus dorsi. I had not felt it was doing anything there for three whole years...

The Latissimus dorsi muscle is one of the largest in the body. It is a powerful extensor muscle of the arm and is used extensively in chinning and climbing. They are commonly known at the lats.

That's what it does:
  • Extension

  • Internal rotation

  • Adduction 
I have no immediate plans of chinning and climbing...but the ordinary daily uses:
  • Pushing on the arms of a chair when standing up 
are what I have in mind...so I could stand more confidently in and out of my blessed calamity pot de chambre of a wheelchair. This is ideal for my emancipation from the nightmare of three years ago!

Sure it feels numb and a cup of tea does not make it better. I added a slice of lemon zesty iced Madeira cake and a nice little cream toffee...It is still numb.

Why complain? There no gain without pain. I am feeling one example. I'll keep you posted :-)
****
After a night, I am already looking of what I could do at home: lat pull down, sounds nice...